Take the photo challenge for Severe M.E

Photos supplied by patients with severe ME

I’m looking for creative photography taken within four walls of severe ME. 
Photos can be taken by the patient, family or friend.
Pull out your cameras or phones, turn off your flashes, and let’s get creative!

The aim of the UNDEREXPOSED Within Four Walls of Severe ME Exhibit is to reflect the darkness we exist in and expose the devastation of this disease. Above are some examples of the types of photographs I’m looking for from severe ME patients or carers. The more creative, the better. The best quality photos will be displayed on the See ME Expo website’s exhibit and I’ll try to pin all photos to our See ME Expo Pinterest Board when I can.

I will be dedicating this exhibit to Whitney Dafoe, who many of you know worked as a professional photographer before developing extremely severe ME. There will be an option at the beginning of the online exhibit for visitors to donate to Open Medicine Foundation for medical research.

STEP ONE – Take a photo or find an existing one you have taken. You're welcome to send in a few photos.

STEP TWO – (optional) write a short quote... What message do you want people to know about living within four walls due to severe ME? I plan to scatter some quotes between the photographs. Only one or two sentences please.

STEP THREE – Send your largest size (highest resolution) photo (and quote if you’ve written one) including the name/s you wish the photo/quote to be credited to, and email to Amanda at: seemeexpo@gmail.com

I will do my best to have the exhibit ready to launch by the 8th of August, Severe ME Awareness Day. However, my own health is currently fluctuating between moderate and severe and some days I can't even bear to look at a screen. If I don't have the exhibit ready in time, it will still go ahead at a later date and I'll confirm the launch date closer to August.

STEP FOUR – If all goes well, on the 8th of August, Severe ME Awareness Day, you can share the exhibit and your photos and words using the hashtags #severeMEawarenessday #seeMEexpo #severeMEunderexposed

I’ll need all photos and quotes submitted by the 23rd of July, 2021

contact Amanda – seemeexpo@gmail.com

I’ve compiled a collection of photography from Getty Images (dark bedroom gallery) to help inspire your creativity.

Click here to view similar photos for more inspiration.


Comments

  1. Such a good idea... I'll have to trawl thru my photos and see if any are up to snuff, pun vaguely intended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful and uplifting way of getting message across!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It will be launched on the 8th of August. Here's the link to the trailer: https://youtu.be/dT53W0GWQIg

      Delete

Post a Comment